Full size tablets are now more affordable than ever and we don’t mean cheap knock-offs or tablets from the far east manufacturers with questionable quality. These solid yet cheap and affordable tablets are from big players such as ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, Huawei and Amazon.
If you are after a full size tablet from top brands, names you can trust, then look no further. We have done the leg work for you. Reliable and good build quality tablets need not come with a hefty price tag. These tablets cost under half the price of a premium tablet, yet it has everything you will ever need and want and then some.
Choosing the right tablet can be a daunting task especially when the market is crowded with cheap alternatives from brand names that we have never head of. This is not necessarily a bad thing as it means the big guys are sitting up and paying attention, coming up with tablets that people want to buy, at a price we can all afford with specifications to match.
Top 5 Best Quality Branded & Affordable Full Size Tablets
Here is an overview of our top 5 best branded full size tablets.
- Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70 10.1-inch Tablet
- Amazon Fire HD 10 10.1-inch Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6-inch Tablet
- Huawei MediaPad T1 10 9.6-inch Tablet
- ASUS ZenPad Z300M 10.1-inch Tablet – NEW
BONUS: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 10-inch
Let’s take a closer look.
The Lenovo Tab 2 A10 is a an online favourite offering the best value for money. An all-rounder tablet, it is powered by a 1.7 GHz quad core processor complete with 2GB of RAM memory and 16GB of storage expandable up to a further 64GB with microSD card.
The feel good factor of this tablet does not stop there, it has an improved battery life of up to 10 hours per charge with its 2-cell 7000mAh high capacity Li-Ion battery and an amazing 10.1-inch wide angle view display with IPS technology with Full HD resolution, that’s 1920 x 1200 pixels for sharp and crisp images and video.
In the optics department, the Tab 2 is equipped with am 8MP main auto focus shooter capable of 1080p HD video capture and a 5MP front facing camera with fixed focus.
Finally, it does not only look good and take good pictures, it sounds great too with louder and more natural, distortion-free sound from dual front facing stereo speakers .
With so many great things going for it, its a wonder why you would need to spend more on other tablets.
- Processor:MT8165 Quad Core Processor (1.70GHz 1MB)
- 10.1-inch Full HD 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and advanced polarising filter – FULL HD RESOLUTION
- 2GB RAM, 16GB, MicroSD Slot supports up to 128GB – DOUBLE MEMORY
- 8MP rear facing camera with 1080p HD video recording and auto focus , 5MP Front facing camera with fixed focus – BEST CAMERA PAIR
- Up to 10 hours of mixed use with 2 Cell 7000 MAH Li-ion
- 159 x 262 x 7.7 mm (9.72″ x 0.35″ x 6.73″), 499 grams (1.10lbs) – SLIMMEST
- Colours: Midnight Blue or Pearl White
Here is a tablet that lets you enjoy everything that Amazon has to offer, digitally. A must have for Amazon Prime members, the tablet lets you make the most of your subscription to listen to music and watch movies and TV shows especially Amazon Original series. You can also use it to access Kindle app for reading e-books and other e-products sold by Amazon such as apps, audio books, newspaper and magazines.
Use the 5MP rear facing camera to take still and capture up to 1080p HD videos and the front HD camera for web chats. As it is a Fire, together with your Amazon Prime membership, you get Prime Photo, unlimited photo and video storage for those captured using the Fire devices keeping all your memories safe.
This is a tablet that you wish you have on that camping trip, long haul flight or that daily commute. As an Amazon Prime member, you can cache movies and TV shows to enjoy offline. With its 10.1-inch display with HD 1280 x 800 resolution. The storage options are 16GB or 32GB and you can quickly top up with up to 128GB using an optional microSD card to carry the entire season of TV shows.
The custom Android OS, called Fire OS 5 is simple and intuitive, focusing on content and user friendliness. Together with May Day, the on-device live tech support, there is nothing you cannot do on the tablet.
- 10.1-inch 1280 x 800 pixel resolution (149 ppi) with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and advanced polarising filter
- MediaTek Quad-Core: 2 @ 1.5 GHz + 2 @ 1.2 GHz
- 1GB RAM, 16GB or 32GB, MicroSD Slot supports up to 128GB – MORE STORAGE OPTIONS
- 5MP rear facing camera with 1080p HD video recording , HD Front facing camera
- Up to 8 hours of mixed use
- 159 x 262 x 7.7 mm (6.3″ x 10.3″ x 0.3″), 432 grams – LIGHTEST
- Colours: Black, White o Silver Aluminium
The Galaxy Tab E is Samsung’s entry level tablet. While it comes with only 8GB of storage it has 1.5GB of memory, more than some of the devices in this list. You can easily add more storage space using an optional microSD flash card to expand it to a further 128GB.
As with more expansion Galaxy Tabs, the Tab E lets you access the split screen multi-tasking mode to run two different apps at the same time making the most of the full size screen.
There is a child friendly function called Kids Mode with a range of fun, educational apps for children and monitoring function that blocks unsuitable apps and set time limit kids screen time.
Having problem driving your Samsung Galaxy Tab E, the on-board Smart Tutor lets you dial in and receive remote-controlled assistance much like the Amazon’s MayDay service. Use the Samsung Smart Tutor app for this and other services, information and software updates.
- Spreadtrum SC8830 1.2 GHz quad-core processor with ARM Mali-400 MP
- 9.6 inch 16:10, 1280 x 800 pixel, capacitve touchscreen (5 fingers) IPS display
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8GB eMMC Flash internal storage (up to 128GB via a microSD card) – 1.5X MEMORY
- 5MP rear facing camera, 2MP front facing camera
- 241.9 x 149.5 x 8.5 mm (9.52 x 5.89 x 0.33 in), 490 g (Wi-Fi)/ 495 g (3G) (1.08 lb)
While the MediaPad T1 10 only has 9.6-inch, it is still a full size tablet, the number 10 is a little confusing, I know. Still, for a budget device, it comes with an aluminium back plate, the only budget tablet to receive a metal body treatment. There is also a MediaPad T1 10 Tablet with 4G LTE support making it a favourite among mobile workers that rely on broadband connectivity and always on Internet connection.
The display is HD ready with IPS technology for wide angle viewing offering up vibrant colours and sufficient detail. Powered by a powerful and proven quad-core processor, it has 1GB of RAM memory and 16GB of storage, powerful enough to watch HD movies, play games and work on productivity apps. T
What’s amazing is the 13 hours battery life offered up by the 4800mAh Lithium Polymer battery. When you are running low on power, use the Ultra Battery mode to pare down unnecessary apps, shutting down functions that drain the battery the most and keep the essential apps for longer.
The only thing to note is it uses the EMUI custom skin, which is very different from the stock Android devices with hints of iOS interface. A smaller 8-inch device is also available.
- 9.6-inch IPS display 1280 x 800 pixel HD resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB ROM with MicroSD card slot
- 5MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- 4800 mAh battery 13 hours non-stop entertainment, 16 hours Internet browsing, 20 days standby – LONG BATTERY LIFE
- 248.5 x 150 x 8.3 mm, 433 grams – LIGHT
The stylish 10.1-inch tablet from ASUS is an elegent tablet with a full size screen ideal for entertainment and browsing the web. Marketed as a luxury tablet, the budget tablet has a lot going for it starting with a powerful processor with 2GB of RAM memory and 16GB of storage. The stunning display uses advanced imaging technologies like intelligent contrast to enhance shadow and highlight details. ASUS VisualMaster combines hardware and software functions to bring more contrast, colour, clarity and brightness out of the display.
When you have the looks and vision, you’ve got to have the sound and ASUS ZenPad Z300M does not disappoint. With the integrated DTS headphone:X output, it lets you experience 7.1 virtual surround sound over the headphones for a full cinematic experience. Even without the headphones, you can enjoy DTS-HD Premium quality sound straight out of the stereo speakers.
The tablet’s 5 MP PixelMaster camera fuses intelligent software with top-grade optics for high-res photos and videos. Finally, you can do all that on ZenUI, ASUS’s optimisation skin for Android that makes it smarter with over 1000 features over a glossy new layout making information you need more easily accessible.
- 10.1-inch LED touchscreen with 1280 x 800 pixel HD resolution (150ppi) display
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT8163 Quad Core processor
- 2GB RAM memory and 16GB eMMC storage expandable up to 128GB with microSD card – DOUBLE MEMORY
- 5MP rear facine camera and 2MP front facing camera
- Up to 11 hours battery life
- 252 x 172 x 8 mm (H x W x D), 490 grams
- Colour Options: Gold, Whiet, Black
ALSO: ASUS ZenPad Z300C 10-inch Tablet 149 4.2stars
BONUS: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 10-inch
Now in its third generation, the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 is a multi-mode tablet with super long battery life, that is if you can forgive the bulge or what we like to call the rolled canister edge where the battery is stored. It also doubles as speaker chamber for a pair of front firing speakers and rotatable camera.
Available in a dark metallic shade while maintains the original design with four ways to use the tablet. This has primarily been the selling point for the Yoga range. A kick stand from the back close to the rolled edge lets you operate the tablet laying on its back in tilt mode, or stood up in stand mode.
The kick stand also flips all the way around to reveal a loop or hole. This together with a suitably sturdy wall hanger, allows the tablet to be hung. Finally, with the kick stand stored away, use the fairly weighted rolled edge as a handle in hold mode. This to some is more comfortable and easier to grip than the conventional tablets that all but want to be super thin.
Notable features include the rotatable camera. The 8MP camera can be swiveled 180 degrees and works with pre-loaded software that lets you use gesture to control the camera. Then there is the integrated front firing speakers push Dolby Atmos sound for louder, clearer and more dynamic audio, perfect for entertainment.
There is also the Lenovo AnyPen technology that lets the display detects any conductive object as pen. This makes writing use any pen on the tablet as a stylus possible. Lastly, it has a super long battery life of up to 18 hours, the only tablet that can achieve this.
- 10.1-inch 1280 x 800 pixel resolution (149 ppi) with IPS (in-plane switching) technology
- Quad Core 1.3GHz Qualcomm APQ8009/MSM8909
- 1GB RAM memory and 16GB RAM storage with MicroSD Slot
- 8MP rotatable auto focus camera – HIGH RESOLUTION CAMERA
- Up to 18 hours of mixed use with 8400 mAh non-removable battery (up to 125 days standby time) – BEST BATTERY LIFE
- 9.7″ x 0.37~0.13″ x 7.28 (253 mm x 9.5 ~ 3.5 mm x 185 mm), 655 grams